- It is responsible for government -> It is the responsibility of the government
- Responsible - the quality of a person
- Responsibility - thing
- Disposable income: income remaining after deduction of taxes and social security charges, available to be spent or saved as one wishes.
- With the advent of the pandemic, the economy has taken a hard hit. Employment rates have dropped and people have less disposable income to funnel back into the economy.
- Advent: the arrival of a notable person or thing.
- Employment rate: The employment rate is the percentage of employed persons in relation to the comparable total population.
- Laid-back: (informal) relaxed and easy-going.
- Reticent: not revealing one's thoughts or feelings readily.
- Reserved: slow to reveal emotion or opinions.
- I think there will be a transition to adjust to when moving between countries. In Korea, people in the workplace tend to be more reticent and reserved, whereas in the US company culture often requires assertion.
- Assertion: a confident and forceful statement of fact or belief.
- Assertive: having or showing a confident and forceful personality.
- I actually work in all Koreans -> I work in a 100% Korean environment.
- There are some buildings to study something. -> There are buildings which house classrooms and offer the opportunity to study and learn new skills
- House - verb (to contain)
- It might be very challenged -> It might be very difficult // challenging
- I have to learn and get used to their culture -> I would have to become accustomed to their culture // prepare myself to the cultural shift when I move countries // prepare myself for the transition between cultures
- Many young people in South Korea are getting stressed by that pressure -> Many young people are becoming more and more stressed under the pressure of older people's expectations.
- Even though Covid 19 was not occurred two years ago, I heard that there were many jobs that offered remote work options -> Even though Covid 19 had not yet occurred in 2020, I heard that there were still many jobs that offered remote work options.
- If noise is too loud it gives some damage to neighbors -> If I make too much noise I would bother my neighbors.
- When I was young I don't have much interest in this topic. but recently I got some tough experience like get hurt from other or sometimes I give hurt to other unintentionally. ... I sometimes get nervous and talk directly and it gives them some hurt-> When I was younger I didn't think too much about emotional intelligence but after having some negative inter-personal experiences I want to become more emotionally literate.
- I started my first relationship when I was 19. I made many mistakes and I hurt my partner too much. Since I've met many people since that first experience. I always got some lessons from each relationship. -> I met my first girlfriend at 19 but I was young and made a lot of mistakes and accidentally hurt her too many times. However, since then, I've had more relationships, romantic and otherwise where I have learned more and wisened up.
- I'm living in Seoul, South Korea since covid19 pandemic occur I didn't feel some big shortage problem about daily life because actually I don't like shopping that much and I only needed basic stuff to work from home remotely. -> I'm currently living in Seoul, South Korea, and since the pandemic began I haven't felt a shortage of any particular item that I use in my daily life since I don't like shopping as much regardless.
- We tried to get masks from drugstores or convenience stores so always there was no mask. -> Even though we tried to purchase masks from drugstores or convenience stores they were always out of stock.
- The reason is because we can only get little amount of masks at that moment but covid19 occur in February and we cannot expected that phenomena and we cannot prepare how to make more masks fastly. -> The covid19 pandemic began spreading in February and it was an unexpected phenomenon which we could not have adequately prepared ourselves for. So factories were not equipped to scale supply at such a rapid pace.